What can 5G do for you?
Along with instantaneously connecting billions of devices and its exponentially faster connection speeds, capacity, and communication response times (known as latency). 5G will make an astonishing range of innovative new products and services possible.
What will 5G be used for
How the Sandvik test mine benefits from 5G
Business area Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has partnered with Nokia to develop solutions for private LTE and 5G technology at the company’s test mine in Tampere, Finland. Hardware at the mine is already 5G capable and will be upgraded with 5G software as soon as it is ready.
At the Tampere test mine, 5G will enable
- Increased computing ability
- Access to real-time data faster
- Increased data and analysis
- Better response time for remote controlled equipment
- Fuel the Sandvik Next Generation Automation Programme